Hawaii is one of the most beautiful and exotic destinations in the world. With its stunning beaches, lush tropical rainforests, active volcanoes, and vibrant culture, it is no wonder why this island paradise has become a favorite destination for tourists looking to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. From the breathtaking views of Waikiki Beach to the breathtaking sunsets on the Big Island, there are countless tourist attractions in Hawaii that will take your breath away. Here are 13 of the best tourist attractions you must visit when you come to Hawaii:
1. The Na Pali Coast – This 17-mile stretch of coastline is one of Hawaii’s most beloved natural wonders. Take a helicopter tour or hike along this rugged coastline and experience some of Hawaii’s most spectacular scenery. Don’t forget to bring your camera—the sunsets here are truly unforgettable!
2. Waimea Canyon – Also known as “The Grand Canyon Of The Pacific”, Waimea Canyon is located on Kauai’s west side and provides visitors with awe-inspiring views of its vast chasms and verdant valleys. Whether you prefer hiking or sightseeing from a car window, Waimea Canyon should be at the top of any Hawaiian itinerary.
3. Haleakala National Park – This park on Maui covers 30,000 acres and features an active volcano that last erupted in 1790. Climb Haleakala summit before sunrise to view an absolutely stunning panorama of East Maui then explore other areas in this park such as Hosmer Grove Nature Trail or Kipahulu Valley Lookout Trail for more unforgettable experiences.
4. Polynesian Cultural Center – Experience Hawaiian culture first-hand at this interactive learning center located on Oahu’s North Shore which offers visitors six different villages representing various Polynesian islands such as Samoa, Tahiti, Fiji, Aotearoa (New Zealand), Tonga and Hawaii itself! Enjoy luaus and hula performances while learning about all aspects Polynesian culture from traditional customs to dances & music—an experience you won’t soon forget!
5. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve – Located east of Honolulu on Oahu’s south shore, Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve features one of the world’s most majestic coral reefs which make up an underwater paradise teeming with over 450 species fish and other marine life including manta rays & sea turtles that can be found swimming around this idyllic bay! Snorkeling here is spectacular!
6. Pearl Harbor Memorial Museum – An important part of US history during World War II, Pearl Harbor Memorial Museum stands as reminder not only to those who perished but also America’s commitment never again let tragedy like this happen again. Featuring museum exhibits such as USS Arizona Visitor Center & Bowfin Submarine Museum & Park—experience Pearl Harbor’s rich history through interactive displays & audio tours making it a must see stop for any traveler visiting Hawaii!
7. Iolani Palace – For centuries Iolani Palace stood witness some major events in Hawaiian royal family’s history; today palace open doors visitors offering them chance explore building itself as well grounds surrounding it while discovering fascinating stories connected site! Not miss out exploring gift shop located palace where can find unique souvenirs take home your friends family back home!
8 . Akaka Falls State Park – Located just outside Hilo town on Big Island Akaka Falls State Park offers visitors chance admire two hundred foot waterfall cascading down into plunge pools surrounded by lush greenery jungle foliage– perfect spot for romantic walk or nature hike through rainforest accompanied wildlife sounds coming nearby stream adding atmosphere magical feeling sure make want come back again soon!
9 . Kilauea Volcano National Park – On Big Island Kilauea Volcano National Park one foremost attractions anyone visiting enthralled by beauty lava landscapes created molten rock spilling forth surface creating mesmerizing sights sounds sure stay your memory forever– don’t forget pack camera document moments spent here so can show off friends back home later time!
10 . Mauna Kea Observatory – Standing over four miles high Mauna Kea Observatory located summit volcano gives access world renowned observatory featuring massive telescope array able capture incredible images galaxies beyond – perfect place adventurous night sky observers looking explore limits universe!
11 . Waimea Valley – Located North Shore Oahu beautiful Waimea Valley home picturesque botanical gardens waterfalls folk museum visitors explore learn about Hawaiian culture flora fauna found area– sure become enchanted moment step inside!
12 . Na Pali Coast State Park – This world famous coastline stretches fifteen miles along Kauai’s remote wilderness showcasing some most breathtaking coastal views Hawaii has offer– lush tropical forests interspersed with cascading waterfalls tumbling into ocean rugged sea cliffs offers spectacular setting for hikes kayaking day trips.
13 . The Big Island Beaches – Last but not least, the Big Island boasts some of the best beaches in the world. Whether you’re looking for secluded shores with crystal-clear turquoise waters, or waves perfect for surfing, there’s something to be found here that suits everyone’s needs! From stunning white sand beaches like Kua Bay to black sand beaches such as Punalu’u Beach, prepare to be amazed by Hawaii’s natural beauty. Don’t forget your camera—the views are unforgettable! Enjoy your trip!